Job role insights
November 17, 2023
November 17, 2023
1 - 2 Years
About Kandahar Refugee Organization:
Kandahar Refugee Organization (KRO) is a national-level, non-political, non-profitable, non-governmental organization working for humanitarian and rehabilitation roots in Afghanistan. Further, KRO is an Afghan organization that is committed to the development of the local economy and building local capacity for sustainable development. Thus, we have an established specialized network in many provinces of the country in order to design, and implement related activities in the field of food security, research, capacity building, disaster management, and placement.
- Assess the current mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) services provided, identify needs and necessary resources and capacities for the country for an improved realistic community-based mental health service.
- Provide effective technical contribution at MHPSS
- Ensure professional psychological assessment and support for all beneficiary cases, and closely monitor and document the psychological recovery cases.
- Produce and maintain accurate records of the beneficiaries’ cases, keep all case documents locked/protected and confidential.
- Provide referral of beneficiaries for additional assistance, as needed, to internal and external service providers;
- Strengthen specialist level psychiatric services at provincial level.
- Conduct psychosocial information awareness raising sessions for targeted families;
- Monitor the integration of MHPSS in the primary health care as well as mental, neurological and substance use disorders (MNS).
- Set up a monitoring system to evaluate the effectiveness and the impact of the planned individual and group psychological support on the beneficiaries.
- Support/give training to the targeted families on how to identify signs of possible abuse affecting the beneficiaries
- Support/give training to other local actors and community members on psychological first aid (PFA), identification and referral of persons in need of psychosocial support, including principles of working with children and survivors.
- Coordinate with resource mobilization officer to ensure mobilization of adequate and sustained resources for the development and implementation of MHPSS activities across the province.
- Provide support in needs assessment surveys for future protection programming;
- Submit weekly progress reports of the activities to line manager;
- Perform other relevant duties, as needed or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, social work, sociology, or any other relevant field.
- Previous experience with International or National NGOs in a similar position.
- Report writing skills.
- English (written and spoken), Uyghur(spoken) is preferred, Turkish skills a plus.
- Must have cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following website us on (kro-af.org) and link.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply