Job role insights
November 17, 2023
November 17, 2023
3 - 5 Years
Established in August 2002, WADAN is an indigenous, government registered NGO. We undertake community and institutional development, civic education, education, drug control, human rights, anti-corruption and child protection initiatives. WADAN is headquartered in the capital, Kabul, has offices in the provinces that provide national coverage. We have worked in all 34 provinces.
For details please visit our website at www.wadan.org
The MEAL Officer is responsible for developing and implementing an effective monitoring and evaluation plan that aligns with project goals and objectives. They design and conduct assessments, surveys and evaluations, collect and analyze data, and ensure effective monitoring systems. They facilitate project reviews and evaluations, establish accountability mechanisms, and develop a learning agenda. Additionally, the MEAL Officer builds the capacity of project staff in M&E and maintains a project database. They prepare progress reports, ensure ethical standards are met, and monitor for potential risks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the overall monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan for the project, ensuring that it aligns with project goals and objectives
- Design and conduct assessments, surveys, and evaluations of project activities, using appropriate research tools and methods
- Collect data and ensure that it is systematically organized, validated and analyzed regularly, providing relevant information to decision makers during the project implementation period
- Ensure that the project's monitoring systems are effectively capturing indicators and outputs, and that project data is being analyzed and reported efficiently
- Facilitate project reviews and evaluations, and ensure that these are systematically documented and shared among relevant stakeholders
- Work with project staff to establish and implement accountability mechanisms that ensure beneficiary feedback is regularly collected, analyzed, used to adapt project implementation strategies and reported on in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a learning agenda for the project, which involves regular reflection on progress, identification of challenges, and incorporation of lessons learned into project implementation
- Build the capacity of project staff and partners in M&E and learning techniques, including the design of data collection tools and analysis of data
- Develop and maintain a project database that includes monitoring data, evaluation results, accountability data and learning documents, and regularly share these data with project staff and stakeholders
- Prepare regular progress reports for the project, which include M&E data, accountability data and learning outcomes
- Ensure that activities are implemented according to ethical standards and monitor for potential risks
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study, such as development studies or social sciences, with a focus on M&E
- At least 3 years of experience in M&E in the field of development, with proven experience in designing and implementing M&E systems for projects funded by international donors
- Good understanding of development project cycle management, including program theory and logic models, results frameworks, and performance monitoring plans
- Experience in using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods and tools, such as key informant interviews, surveys, focus group discussions, and participatory methods
- Experience in data management and use of statistical software for data analysis, such as SPSS or STATA
- Experience in facilitating learning processes, including review and reflection activities, and interactive workshops on M&E and learning
- Knowledge of ethical principles governing data collection and use, and experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation plans that comply with ethical standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto, including experience in report writing and data visualization
- Ability to work effectively in a team, and collaboratively with other stakeholders, while also demonstrating independence and initiative in managing own tasks and responsibilities.
WADAN is accepting applications from interested individuals. If you are interested in being considered, please submit your CV and cover letter via (firstname.lastname@example.org) noting the position title in the subject line i.e., Application for “MEAL Officer - W-111 ” or your application will not be considered. Only short-listed individuals will be contacted for a written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted two or three weeks after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Please rename your CV as “Your Full Name+ MEAL Officer
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply