Job role insights
November 8, 2023
November 8, 2023
3 - 5 Years
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
The Education Technical Officer (ETO) in Badghis works to ensure the quality of all Education activities which will be implemented by education team or local NGOs partners. ETO will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and reporting the projects and ensuring the quality of all Education projects being implemented in the Badghis through partners and education staff.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Implement plan of action for the delegated portfolio of CC Education projects (activities, budget, and project documentation).
- Day-to-day follows progress in project implementation.
- Ensure compliance with Education strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines, and standards.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection explore and assess new and better ways to assist target populations per the Education strategy.
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff and partners.
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote, and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Management of project staff and partners.
- Take the leadership of project implementation of the education activities in technical components of education projects; Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) Community Based Education (CBE), School Improvement Plan (SIP) Education First Phase Response (EFPR), Support to Formal Education (FE), and Education in Emergency (EiE).
- Conduct staff competency assessment (Development Plan) and share the results with Education PM and PC to design training/workshops to assure team capacity building and transfer key competencies to education staff.
- Ensure project quality implementation considering the safe programming standards/components in target locations.
- Take the lead of the handover process and coordinate with education staff, partners and stakeholders to promote successful handover of community-based classes and education in emergencies classes to the MoE by supporting the relationship between community-based teachers, school shuras, hub schools, and DEDs/PED.
- Assure that all needed memorandum of understandings with Hub Schools, CBE School Shuras, and house owners are taken in place.
- Take the leads of community-driven to increase community participation and contribution in project implementation through engaging the community in activities and facilitating the community understanding of the overall project (goals and objectives).
- Conduct field visits to observe the team and to assist with activity implementation and organize joint monitoring with project stakeholders.
- Prepare budget estimations in field-based events/activities considering the allocated budget and make sure that all monthly payments have been done.
- Participate in and chairing of the coordination meetings with teachers, Shuras, and Hub school management and ensure all pre-meeting preparations have been done.
- Being accountable for assessments, surveys to find the gaps/needs for better response including SIP and EFPR activities.
- Collaborate and communicate with other NRC core competencies on the integration of programming, local authorities, stakeholders, and other partners.
- Ensuring accountable database for Education project according to all the components of the project and regular update of data collection.
- Coordinate with support unit (Finance, Health Safety and Security, Logistic and Admin/HR) on the relevant issue of project implementation.
- Ensure all required materials (Learning kit, teacher kit, class kit, hygienic/disinfection materials, textbooks) are provided/available in ALP & CBE classes. Distribution of educational kits/materials and textbooks for responsible ALP & CBE classes and collection and handover of the collected textbooks to the relevant hub schools.
- Promote psychosocial support and new awareness-raising subjects on the protection of children considering the Do No Harm in Education activities.
- Establishment of close work relationship with education staff and partners especially dedicative staff (EFPR, BLP, and database) on promoting filling system/data collection, EFPR activities, and psychosocial support of beneficiaries and other core competencies staff considering the integration approach.
- Prepare a SMART weekly plan and be accountable for the implemented activities through providing means of verifications (MoVs)
- Prepare quarterly progress report to PED, weekly report, training report, meeting minutes and joint monitoring reports, and M&E matrix.
- Any other tasks which assigned by Education PM/PC and FOC.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working Education project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Good English, both written and verbal including local languages
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in Education project implementation, senior level is preferable.
- Significant experience in monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on project activities specially CBE and EiE activities.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience of geographical access negotiation and representation, including with local authorities, I/NGOs, and communities.
- Good knowledge of English and local languages (Both written and verbal)
Bachelor’s degree from faculty of Education, Management, and social science.
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply