Job role insights
November 17, 2023
November 17, 2023
3 - 5 Years
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
- Develop technical guidance related to Education programming and relevant liaison with educational authorities
- Support the localization process of NRC’s education projects to local partners
- Improve the capacity of local partners and ensure quality implementation of NRC’s education projects
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with government policy and contractual commitments within Education,
- Ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in the Education strategy and project work plans, and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Conduct regular field visits to provide supportive supervision to NRC field staff and local partners.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Provide programme audits, feedback sessions, and capacity development sessions against the INEE Minimum Standards
- Joint planning with Ministry of Education, Provincial Education Directorates, and District Education Directorates, for transition planning, enrolment, and certification
- Provide technical support, based upon an assessment or monitoring, of the ‘quality of education’ and a clear action plan (including training)
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Education Quality Management: M&E Manager, Area Managers, Regional Education Adviser
- Education Policy: Advocacy Manager
- Programme Development, Joint Planning and Reporting: Core Competency Specialists, Area Managers and Education Project Managers and Coordinators, Government Liaison Coordinator, Grants Manager, M&E Manager, and Finance Manager
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within Education expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the Afghan context
- Knowledge of Dari and Pashto
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.
- NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents.
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labour Law.
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis.
For applying and more information, please copy below link and paste in the web address.
Note: All applicants are supposed to create and properly fill online CV profile in the system, example (personal, education, experience background etc..) and only attaching CV won’t be enough.
Education Adviser Afghanistan - NRC NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com)
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply