Job role insights
November 17, 2023
November 17, 2023
3 - 5 Years
Established in August 2002, WADAN is an indigenous, government registered NGO. We undertake community and institutional development, civic education, education, drug control, human rights, anti-corruption and child protection initiatives. WADAN is headquartered in the capital, Kabul, has offices in the provinces that provide national coverage. We have worked in all 34 provinces.
For details please visit our website at www.wadan.org
The Community Mobilizer position requires working closely with communities to identify their needs and priorities while mobilizing and engaging them in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities. They conduct community-level assessments, identify potential project beneficiaries, and develop communication materials to raise awareness of the project among community members. The Community Mobilizer organizes community meetings, discussions, and events to engage and inform communities about project objectives, activities, and expected outcomes. They also work to facilitate the formation and strengthening of community-based structures to ensure community ownership and sustainability of project activities and intervene to target vulnerable and marginalized populations. The Community Mobilizer works with local authorities, traditional leaders, and other key stakeholders to build coalitions and promote community ownership. They report on community mobilization activities, collaborate with other project staff, and ensure project activities are implemented effectively and timely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with communities to identify their needs and priorities
- Mobilize communities and facilitate their participation in the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities
- Conduct community-level assessments and identify potential beneficiaries for the project
- Develop effective and culturally appropriate messages and communication materials to raise awareness and promote understanding of the project among community members
- Organize community sensitization meetings, focus group discussions, and other events to engage and inform communities about the project goals, activities, and expected outcomes
- Facilitate the formation and strengthening of community-based structures, such as committees, user groups, and associations, to ensure community ownership and sustainability of project activities
- Facilitate the identification and selection of beneficiaries for project interventions, ensuring that the most vulnerable and marginalized groups are targeted
- Work closely with local authorities, traditional leaders, and other key stakeholders to build alliances and promote community participation and ownership of project activities
- Document and report on community mobilization activities, challenges, and successes to project management and relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with other project staff to ensure that project activities are implemented effectively and on time
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, development studies, or a related field
- A minimum of three years of experience in community mobilization, especially in rural and remote areas, preferably in the context of international development projects
- Ability to work effectively with communities from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and to encourage their active participation and ownership of projects
- Good knowledge of community mobilization techniques, participatory development methodologies, and effective communication skills
- Familiarity with the culture and dynamics of the communities in Badakhshan province
- Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto with strong written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively with project staff, beneficiaries, and stakeholders.
WADAN is accepting applications from interested individuals. If you are interested in being considered, please submit your CV and cover letter via (firstname.lastname@example.org) noting the position title in the subject line i.e., Application for “Community Mobilizer - W-110 ” or your application will not be considered. Only short-listed individuals will be contacted for a written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted two or three weeks after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Please rename your CV as “Your Full Name+Community Mobilizer
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply